Thank You for you Interested in Health Career College. We encourage you to read our Policies below.
STUDENT’S RIGHT TO CANCEL:
Student have the right to cancel his/her Enrollment Agreement for a program of instruction, without any penalty or obligations (Registration Fee and STRF which is Non-refundable) including any equipment such as books, material and supplies or any other goods related to the instruction offer in the Agreement, through attendance at the first class session, or the seventh day after enrollment, whichever is later. After the end of the cancellation period, you also have the right to stop school any time; and you have the right to receive a pro rate refund if you have completed sixty (60) percent or less of the program. If a separate party is financing your education that you, and you alone are directly responsible for payment of total amount of loan plus interest* (less the amount of any refund) and monies owed to the school listed on this agreement. Student is entitled to a refund of monies not paid from federal or state financial aid program funds.
Cancellation may occur when you give written notice of cancellation at the address of Health Career College shown on the top of the first page of the Enrollment Agreement. You can submit/deliver cancellation by hand delivery,
By mail: 115 Crescent Drive Pleasant Hill, Ca 94523
By fax: 925-687-9664
By e-mail: email@example.com
The written notice of cancellation, if sent by mail, is effective when deposited in the mail properly addressed with postage prepaid.
If the Enrollment Agreement is cancelled, the School will refund any money he/she paid, less registration fee ($75.00), less any deduction for equipment not returned in good condition, within thirty (30) days after notice of cancellation is received.
WITHDRAWAL AND DISMISSAL FROM PROGRAM:
1. You have the right to withdraw from a program of instruction at any time, if you withdraw from the program; you must submit to the school a signed withdrawal statement form (found on our website).
2. Students can maybe withdraw or dismissed from the program as follows:
A. Student has demonstrated poor academic progress. Students failing course work will be evaluated on an individual basis. The
Medical Director in conjunction with the Clinical and Program
Directors can expel a student. Student is able to receive a prorated refund. See refund policy below.
B. Student has received disciplinary incident report from faculty, staff or externship instructor of unaccepted student conduct.
See page course catalog for more details
C. Student fails to attend class for more than three (3) consecutive “unauthorized” class days without filing a leave of absence. Withdrawal date will be the last day of recorded attendance.
Withdrawal may be effectuated by the student’s written notice or by the student’s conduct, including, but not necessarily limited to, a student lack of attendance.
COURSE CANCELLATION POLICY: HEALTH CAREER COLLEGE may cancel any course, class, or program entirely for any reason; you are entitled to a full refund of all fees, including registration fees and textbook fees (if books are returned in excellent condition). If desired or requested, Health Career College will provide shipping label for you to return the textbooks. Health Career College will issue the refund within ten (10) business days. There may or may not be the adequate opportunity to notify students in advance. We will make every reasonable effort to prevent this from happening. Inconvenienced students will be provided automatic admission to the next equivalent course. Refund of all course costs will be granted unconditionally.
REFUND POLICY AND MISC. FEES:
Note fee and refund schedule is as follows:
1. You are obligated to pay only for educational services rendered and for unreturned equipment
2. Registration Fee ($75.00) and Student Tuition Recovery Fund (STRF, varies per program) is not refundable.
3. Program tuition fee balance is due at the beginning of the last term of didactic instruction. Financial obligations must be accomplished to avoid delay on clinical externship rotation.
4. A student has the right to withdraw from this program of instruction up to the 60 percent point of the course, and receive a prorated refund of tuition and amounts paid for equipment. If the student withdraws from the program of instruction after the expiration date of the time for canceling this agreement, the student is obligated to pay only for educational services rendered and any equipment not returned. For example, if a student enrolls in a 140 hour program and withdraws after receiving 50 hours of instruction, and if the student paid a $75.00 registration fee $5.00 STRF and $2,420 tuition, the school would deduct the $75.00 registration fee and $5.00 STRF from the amount received, divide the remaining $2,420 by the number of hours in the program (2420 / 140 = 17.29) and multiply that hourly amount times the number of hours received by the student (50 x 17.29 = $864.50) The amount paid, in excess of that amount would be the amount of the refund. ($2,420 - $864.50 = $1555.5 Refund Amount)
5. In addition, the refund would include any amount paid for equipment, which is subsequently returned in good condition. For the purpose of determining the amount you owe for the time you attended, you shall be deemed to have withdrawn from the course when any of the following occurs:
A. You notify the school of your withdrawal or the date of withdrawal
B. The school terminates your enrollment
C. You fail to attend class for more than three (3) consecutive “unauthorized” class days without applying for leave of absence. Withdrawal will be deemed the last date of recorded attendance.
6. If any of your tuition was paid from the proceeds of a loan, then the refund will be sent to the lender or the agency that guaranteed the loan if any. Any remaining amount of refund will first be used to repay any student financial aid programs from which you received benefits in proportion to the amount of the benefits received. Any remaining amount will be paid to you. If there is a balance due, you will be responsible to pay that amount.
7. If you cannot complete externship within four weeks prior to the end of didactic you will have to sign a leave of absence form.
8. During clinical rotation there is absolutely no refund.
9. Students failing course work or not able to perform venipunctures will be evaluated on an individual basis. The Medical Director in conjunction with the Clinical and Program Directors can expel a student. Once expelled the institute will prorate days attend (only if attendance is less than 60 percent, for refund).
10. Health Career College/Lifesavers Education Inc. will not cover the cost of the NHA exam. Students failing exam has the option to repeat the entire didactic portion of the program at no extra cost.
There is a $25.00 charge for returned checks.
NOTICE CONCERNING TRANSFERABILITY OF CREDITS AND CREDENTIALS EARNED AT OUR INSTITUTION:
The transferability of credits you earn at Health Career College is at the complete discretion of an institution to which you may seek to transfer. Acceptance of the certificate you earn in Phlebotomy, EKG Technician Program and Medical Assisting is also at the complete discretion of the institution to which you may seek to transfer. If the certificate that you earn at this institution are not accepted at the institution to which you seek to transfer, you may be required to repeat some or all of your courses work at the institution. For this reason you should make certain that your attendance at this institution will meet your educational goals. This may include contacting an institution to which you may seek to transfer after attending Health Career College, to determine if your certificate will transfer.
JOB PLACEMENT DISCLOSURE:
This institution DOES NOT GUARANTEE EMPLOYMENT.
Although Health Career College does not offer financial aid, student may be eligible for financial aid through other sources. If student is eligible for CalWorks/WIA, Private Vocational Rehabilitation or Veteran or Military benefits should have their counselors call the school directly. The student understands that if a separate party is financing his/her education that the student, and the student alone is directly responsible for payment of total amount of loan plus interest* (less the amount of any refund) and monies owed to the school listed on this agreement. Student is entitled to a refund of monies not paid from federal or state financial aid program funds.
*If you are is eligible for a loan guaranteed by the federal or state government and you default on the loan, both of the following may occur: The federal or state government or a loan guarantee agency may take action against you, including applying any income tax refund to which the person is entitled to reduce the balance owed on the loan. Or you may not be eligible for any other federal student financial aid at another institution or other government assistance until the loan is repaid.
COMPLAINTS: Any questions or complaint a student may have regarding this enrollment agreement that have not been satisfactorily answered by the institution may be directed to the Bureau of Private Postsecondary Education calling Toll Free Number (888) 370-7589 or by completing a complaint form, which can be obtained on the bureau’s Internet Web Site: www.bppe.ca.gov
Established in 2003
|| 115 Crescent Dr., Pleasant Hill, CA 94523 || OFFICE HOURS: 9:00AM-5:30PM MON-FRI ||
HEALTH CAREER COLLEGE
HEALTH CAREER COLLEGE